Lead Technician JobQuigley Eye SpecialistsPort Charlotte, FL 1115
With multiple locations across Florida, Community Eye Center now part of Quigley Eye Specialists is a premier surgical and eye care clinic. Our mission is to continue to be technology leaders in eye care and one of the nation’s leading multi-specialty ophthalmology practices, Quigley Eye Specialists creates patients for life by providing the highest level of quality eye care and service to the community. We accomplish this through our caring staff, our skilled medical team, and by using the most advanced technology to ensure every patient’s best possible vision.
Therefore, to deliver on our mission, Quigley Eye Specialist expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.
- Highest level of Individual Productivity
- Technical Excellence
- Treating patients as valued guests
- Perform visual acuity testing and assist physicians in minor office procedures.
- Record, review and verify patient information in the EMS and chart for the appointment.
- Assist ophthalmology patients by providing information and services; patient evaluations, vision health testing, lens fitting and care orientations.
- Counsel and educate patients by reiterating physician orders for eye care.
- Update patient records using high level of proficiency within the EMS or other related system.
- Comply with all HIPPA regulations in all interactions with patient information.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Travel to all locations with assigned physician.
- Assist the physician with documentation of the patient's medical record.
- Accompanies the physician into the exam room to transcribe the history and examination as given by the patient and the physician.
- Under the direction of the physician, transcribes the impression and plan, results of tests, prescriptions, and orders.
- Documents any procedures that may be performed by the physician or ophthalmic medical personnel.
- Transcribes any consultations or discussions with family members.
- Escalate team concerns to Clinical Manager for resolution.
- Provide day to day clinic technician task management to ensure all patient needs are met.
- Provide requested patient information to referring doctors as requested in an efficient and timely manner.
- Answers patient questions as the Lead on duty via phone as needed.
- May be requested to perform A-Scan (Amplitude scan) on patients per the physician’s request, if assigned to a surgeon.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to travel to multiple area clinic locations, outside of the primary location(s) assignment, based on physician and patient needs and appointments
- High School graduate/GED equivalent.
- 2+ prior years performing scribe duties in an ophthalmology environment or 5+ experience as a Technician with Quigley Eye Specialists.
- COT, COA, OSC, or MA certification required.
- Experience with EMS and other medical systems software.
- Proficient in computer programs and navigating a computer effectively.
- Previous clinical or medical office experience .
Other Skills and Abilities:
- The use of kindness, empathy and patience when dealing with our patient population.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Cooperates and effectively communicates with all staff members and physicians about patient matters.
- All Quigley Eye Specialist employees must meet the standards for customer service.
- Effectiveness of working with others, courtesy, tact, friendliness, enthusiasm, caring and helpful nature, comforting style.
- Punctuality, attendance, scheduling of absences.
- Adjustment to change, resetting of priorities, time management skills, resourcefulness, initiative.
- Follows code of conduct aligned with the mission, vision and values of Quigley Eye Specialists.
- Follows code of conduct /ethics of their profession.