Licensed Optician JobQuigley Eye SpecialistsBonita Springs, FL 1119
With multiple locations across Florida, Quigley Eye Specialists is a premier surgical and eye care clinic. Our mission is to continue to be technology leaders in eye care and one of the nation’s leading multi-specialty ophthalmology practices, Quigley Eye Specialists creates patients for life by providing the highest level of quality eye care and service to the community. We accomplish this through our caring staff, our skilled medical team, and by using the most advanced technology to ensure every patient’s best possible vision.
Therefore, to deliver on our mission, Quigley Eye Specialist expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.
- Highest level of Individual Productivity
- Technical Excellence
- Treating patients as valued guests
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers the daily sales goal by flawless execution of a superior patient experience.
- Follows all operating policies and procedures at the highest level to include training, timely and accurate implementation of approved marketing/merchandising programs and promotions.
- Ensures accuracy in all transactions/interactions with the patient.
- Follows up to ensure appropriate turn-around time from ordering to dispensing order.
- Educates patients on current products based on patient exam plan and life style interview
- Maintains accurate and organized patient records.
- Expert opticianry skill set: Lensometry, read and understand prism, basic eyeglass repair, fitting and adjusting frames, lens identification, and measurement.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conveys a commitment to providing unsurpassed Customer Service
- Ability to support problem solving and troubleshooting
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons for recurring customer problems; goes beyond symptoms to get at causes; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems.
- Assists the customer in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle, Rx and price needs. Suggests improvements and recommends solutions to problems. Assists other team members with difficult or complex areas of customer product needs and prescriptions.
- Shows patience and courtesy with customers; tracks down answers to unfamiliar questions or products.
- Assists team members who have questions or problems; cooperates readily in group efforts.
- Educates the customer on Quigley Eye Specialists services including eyewear care tips, complimentary adjustments, follow-up services and warranties.
- Handles tasks, such as taking and recording measurements, adjusting, or fitting eyewear carefully and correctly, is thorough and exact in details.
- Ensures finished eyewear meets ANSI standards and customer requirements/requests.
- Input’s customer and prescription information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Accurately operates the Point of Sale, collecting proper payment following company security procedures and retaining proper procedures such as care credit, credit cards, discounts, insurance, and coupons.
- Takes pride in the appearance of the store and ensures visual displays are fresh and updated often.
- Collect deposits, copayments, and patient balances accurately and without exception.
- Handle inquiries about insurance, office hours, services, locations, exam fees, doctor information etc.
- Assist other staff as needed.
- Greets guests promptly and professionally.
- Properly triage guests phone calls.
- Respond easily to routine requests for information.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Participate in development efforts to remain current on insurance coverages and regulation matters.
- Cooperates and communicates with all staff members and physicians about patient matters.
- Respectful of doctors, staff and guest.
- Handle property management issues by maintaining daily care protocols and reporting any maintenance or repair requests to team leader.
- Performs other related duties and activities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Licensed as required by state
- 1 or more years’ experience in optical retail or ECP office.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Requires ability to work as a team member.
- Requires skills in operating computers, word processing software, fax machines and copier machines.
- Work is fast paced and multitasked.
CUSTOMER SERVICE- All Quigley Eye Specialist employees must meet the standards for customer service.
- Effectiveness of working with others, courtesy, tact, friendliness, enthusiasm, caring and helpful nature, comforting style.
- Punctuality, attendance, scheduling of absences.
- Arrives to work ready to work
- Manages hours worked by day and week to maintain 40-hour work week
- Adjustment to change, resetting of priorities, time management skills, resourcefulness, initiative.
- Follows code of conduct aligned with the mission, vision and values of Quigley Eye Specialists.
- Follows code of conduct ethics of their profession.
FOLLOW ALL HIPAA GUIDELINES TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY
FOLLOW DRESS CODE
- Appropriate appearance is expected during all working hours. Quigley Eye Specialists approved business casual. Name badges are to be worn at all times.
- Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Travel as needed
Top of Form
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The use of kindness, empathy and patience when working with colleagues and patients
- Attention to detail; ensuring accuracy in work
- Ability to multi-task and ensure deadlines are met consistently
- Ability to work as a team member, collaboratively and positively
Punctuality, attendance, scheduling of absences.
Adjustment to change, resetting of priorities, time management skills, resourcefulness, initiative.
Follows code of conduct aligned with the mission, vision and values of Quigley Eye Specialists
Follows code of conduct /ethics of their profession.
Quigley Eye Specialists and affiliates are committed to diversity and does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.